Thursday, January 03, 2008

Fuck fuck fuck

I just got email from someone I've never met that our guitarist, Dream Smith, died on New Year's Eve. I had not heard anything from him for over a week and was frankly at the end of my rope trying to figure what what was going on. I still don't know what's going on; I just emailed this bearer of terrible news to find out more details.

Dream was a very smart, sensitive man. I wish I had gotten to know him better in the six months or so of our acquaintance. Dream was also a brilliant songwriter. Some of his songs (not ones he was doing with us) are on his MySpace page:


There is a local memorial for Dream tomorrow night. I am going, though I may not know anyone there other than my "date," Kaley.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I worked with Dream. People here at work are all pretty shocked. Some know about the memorial tonight, but it hasn't been widely publicized.

Amaze is going to be putting together a memorial as well I think.

I am curious about the music you guys were doing together, and if there are any recording. I would imagine his family would be interested as well.

cadabeso said...

Thanks Sara. It was good to meet you this evening. I hope that we can come up with something for the February service that properly honors Dream's memory.

cadabeso said...

Sara, actually I guess you are not the same "Sarah" I met this evening at the memorial. I did trade info with a couple of other people who've done music with Dream in the past (there were many). Hope to meet you in person in February. Take care.