Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My life as defined by where I buy coffee

Over the course of the last 15+ years, I've frequented a number of
coffee establishments, including Vivace (every location, even the long-
defunct cart downtown), Bauhaus, Victrola (both locations), Pegasus,
Lighthouse (still my vendor of choice for beans), and the new
Stumptown on 12th.

But few places balance atmosphere, enthusiasm and fine coffee like
Trabant in the U District. I've become addicted to stopping there
after lunch each weekday for a nonfat iced latte or one of their
featured varietals made in their trendsetting Clover machine. (I hear
that Starbucks is even testing one at a store in Greenwood.)

Trabant is another nicety of the U District that I will miss. I will
miss the employees as well, including sweetheart Jonathan here.

No comments: