Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Satan! Satan! Satan!

Having just tried Ginger Teriyaki for the first time, I think I know
why people are staying away in droves. It's not the location, which is
primo (45th & the Ave). It's not the décor, which has been nicely
redone for a hole in the wall. It's not even the teriyaki, which is as
good or better than any other place on the Ave.

No, the problem is the radio. KGNW. God Talk over AM. Testimonials
about home schooling. Why we get mad at God more than he gets mad at
us. Aaaaugh! I can't take it. At least at the dry cleaners, I only
have to listen to Xtian radio for a minute while picking up my pants.
At Ginger Teriyaki, I'm stuck until I wolf down my whole chicken bowl.

Then again, maybe it's just their way of clearing tables (as if they
need any help). Or maybe they want to move to a takeout-only business
model.

In any event, their nondenominational God appears to be losing to
Taqueria Mi Charrito's telenovela/futbol-fueled Catholic one, if this
sign comparison is any, uh, sign. Viva mi charrito! (Their taco al
pastor rules.)

No comments: