Sunday, July 20, 2008

Exotic and erotic

If nothing else, my garden has some great flower displays. Right now
both the Crocosmia "Lucifer" and the lilies are putting on quite a
show. I have always read that Asiatic lilies are easier to grow than
trumpet or Oriental varieties, but the Asiatic ones I planted a few
years ago were almost absent this year, while the fragrant and
supposedly fussy Oriental varieties did just fine. I'm sure my lilies
don't get as much food as they would like, but I did try to help them
out by dumping the rest of my bulb food on them last week.

Yesterday was a busy day consisting of laundry, a BBQ hosted by book
club buddy Michael at Magnuson Park, and a very intense and focused
practice of Dream's song "Slow Poison" with Sean, Kaley and JHT. Today
I went to see "Wall-E" with my book club buddy Bailey. The movie was
impressive and very sweet. A bit like these lilies.

No comments: