Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Roswell is still RosHell

Yesterday I had a long drive, from Albuquerque to Pecos (TX). I
stopped in Roswell for lunch.

I had heard that Roswell was a more interesting town since the series
of the same name. But I can't see it. It still has a dull, oppressive
air. There's a local McCain/Palin office a block from where I took
this photo. Roswell is still flat and ugly. And the UFO/alien-themes
businesses all appear to be out of business (like this comics shop) or
struggling. At least my green chile cheeseburger from Sonic was edible.

1 comment:

Jimbo said...

You're taking this whole Roswell thing way too hard. Just imagine the stunning beauty of the place if you had been traveling for eons in intergalactic stasis trying to find a place with life, water and sunlight. That green chili cheeseburger would've tasted DAMNED good!