Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday cookin'

Like Tina Fey's Sarah Palin, I don't like to pronounce the g's at the
ends of words. I also don't like that I've gotten so far from cooking
regularly. I really enjoy cooking. It's such a shame that I don't do
it as much as I used to. And with the economy the way it is, I'm
really stupid not to do it. But I've Bern spending nearly every
evening hour focusing on book club reading and my various music
activities.

So a couple of weeks ago, I stopped everything early on Sunday evening
to cook. I made sure to double recipes to have leftovers for work. It
was really easy, and I found myself eating things I wouldn't
otherwise. It is turning into a weekly ritual.

Tonight's meal was a tagine of cod with fresh heirloom tomatoes, olive
oil, cumin and cinnamon, with some Albarino added, plus rainbow chard
and rice. Plus more Albarino to drink. I made the tagine in my tagine,
which I bought a year ago at Crate & Barrel to make a lamb tagine for
book club. Most of the time it just sits around looking pretty.
Hopefully it will now begin earning its keep.

All in all, a fabulous, healthy dinner. Yes boys, I can cook. Another
reason for you to be beating a path to me RIGHT NOW.

1 comment:

KB said...

Are you willing to cook for cousins, too? Because I would travel for meals like that.