Thursday, August 07, 2008

Bikes bikes bikes

Just as I published my last post, I saw that Bike Commute Tips Blog ran an article about another company which sells Dutch bikes, this one based in Vancouver (BC). More intriguing is the brief mention of Breezer Bikes, which attempt to combine European comfort/versatility with the American need for lighter bikes with more gears - the kind of bike that can climb hills.

But waitaminnit! I already own such a bike. I've owned such bikes for over fifteen years. They're called hybrid bikes, and every bike company worth its salt now makes them. My current hybrid is a Kona Dew Deluxe, and despite some documented flaws, it is the best bike I've ever owned.




1 comment:

Kingo said...

If you like Dutch style bicycles you would love the velorbis bicycles. Check them out at www.velorbis.com Available in North America through Boston based dutchbikes.us