Tuesday, August 26, 2008

JACKPOT!


Finally, decent, cheap ethnic food nearby! Except that it's been there the whole time. I just didn't know about it. I have been complaining for months about the dearth of good lunch options in SLU, and then a couple of people told me that there's "great pho" next to the Greyhound Bus Station on 8th & Stewart. Turns out that the pho in question is Pho Bac, a place I've heard about for years but never realized was in this location.


My pho was much better (and cheaper) than the over-anised stuff I had last week at Black Bottle. The broth was tasty. Salty. Maybe not quite as complex as Than Bros., but then again "complex" pho is not pho.


Pho Bac is in the Greyhound terminal. It is a bit strange. But then again, I should be so lucky to get off the bus in an unknown city and eat like this in the station!

No comments: