Tuesday, August 12, 2008

RideCivil

So Friday after work, I rode to Westlake Park for RideCivil. It's a
bike ride that seeks harmony among cars, bikes and pedestrians. There
were about 30 of us. Dave, the organizer, says that this is three or
four times better than any turnout to date, no doubt because of all
the hubbub over Critical Mass recently. KIRO-TV interviewed Dave
before we took off on our ride. We rode towards Puoneer Square, up to
Broadway, Eastlake to South Lake Union. That's right, back to the SLU
Block Party for me. Aqueduct was playing when we arrived, which was
cool. We had one beer before the six of us remaining ended up at Paddy
Coyne's. We talked bike politics, locally and nationally. I rode home
with Dave most of the way, which was fortunate because my headlight
burned out on Dexter. I borrowed Dave's Frog light. He was such a nice
guy. He wrote about the ride for BikeHugger over the weekend.

No comments: