Friday, April 04, 2008

Apologies for bad photography

but I had to put up something when I saw this guy driving the 44
yesterday. Like all of the other passengers who boarded after me, I
just smiled politely and didn't say anything to acknowledge his crown
when I boarded. And as I was sitting, chastising myself and Seattle
for being too cool to say some word of encouragement for this guy's snappy headgear choice, I thought damnit, I'm going to take this guy's photo and ask him his story.

So I didn't get a great picture obviously, but I did find out that it was not his birthday. Rather, he said he wears it as part of a group of drivers who wanted to reduce or mitigate complaints against them as Metro drivers. This guy hasn't had a complaint filed against him in 38(?) years of driving for Metro.

No comments: