Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gardening

I asked one of the landscape workers what was going to replace all of the plants that are being ripped out in front of UWMC. He didn't know: "That's up to the landscape architect." What power! I wish I had an army to redo my garden whenever I had a whim. Though I'm told that the plant scheme here has been the same for at least 20 years.

I stopped here on my way to a class on effective presentations. I know that I could use some help in this area. One of our exercises was to rewrite an introduction to give it more punch. This is what I wrote:

Here's a fact you may not know: The largest manufacturer of baby carriages in the U.S. is not Scwinn, Tonka or GM. It's Anheiser Busch. So perhaps it's not surprising that kids are abusing alcohol at younger and younger ages.

No comments: