Sunday, April 27, 2008

What a weekend

I am addicted to "Random Spirit Lover," the sophomore album from
Sunset Rubdown. I listened to the first four tracks like 20 times
while driving this weekend.

And what a lot of driving I did, all short trips of course. The big
event was my friend Topher's birthday at Boom Noodle on Capitol Hill
Saturday night. This is my fave photo from that evening, of Jon and
Maria. I like the body language.

I spent the bulk of Saturday finishing a song. I also practiced
guitar, which I'm finding quite enjoyable. I haven't even plugged it in!

I sent email tonight to the three wind players I've recruited for my
rescored version of "Slow Poison." I find that my mind still drifts to
Dream a lot, not surprising when it comes to this project, but perhaps
more surprising when it comes to listening to other music. The first
Sunset Rubdown album I burned for Dream to listen to last fall, only
to learn that he already had it. The new one is the sort of brilliant,
manic record that I felt I could really connect with Dream on. I felt
pangs of sadness many times this weekend knowing that I'd never be
able to talk to him about this album.

No comments: